Today, author Jamie Potter answers the Pivot Questionnaire for me.
Jamie and I both have stories in “The Toll of Another Bell“. My story is “The Year of No Foals“. His is “Tower Gods”: A thirteen-year-old boy with an oxygen mask is more than meets the eye for Watcher Benson.
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
The ocean. Dogs. Brahms 2nd Piano Concerto. Comics! The gothic mysteries of John Bellairs.
4. What turns you off?
When people talk about money. Also, very loud, incessant noises.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
The F Bomb.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Guitar strings tuning. It’s like my “nails on the chalkboard.”
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Performing songwriter. I do that semi-professionally, but would love to take a year and tour and really learn how it’s done.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Police or paper plant worker.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“C’mon, man! You’re late for tea with The Beatles, Jack Kirby, Buddha, and a group of shirpas that have scaled Mount Everest.”1 What is your favorite word?