My Steampunk novella, Nautilus Redux, was released by Xchyler Publishing in their new Steampunk anthology, Mechanized Masterpieces 2, February 28th, 2015. The anthology is Steampunk treatments of American literature classics, penned by published authors in the Xchyler Publishing family.
Here are the fantastic authors and stories who share the anthology:
- Jay Barnson (Steampunking the work of Washington Irving)
The Van Tassel Legacy: A stranger arrives in Sleepy Hollow to unearth old conspiracies and bring the Van Brunts to justice.
- Scott Taylor (Jack London)
Mr. Thornton: Hounded by tragedy and betrayal, a gifted young blacksmith wanders from The Ohio to The Yukon searching for honor, loyalty, and justice.
- Justin Guay (Edgar Rice Burroughs)
A Princess of Jasoom: An intrepid young researcher reaches for the stars from the Arizona desert, and finds love where she least expects it.
- M. Irish Gardner (Emily Dickinson)
Invested Charm: A mysterious woman doles out justice in Boston society, but who will catch her first: organized crime or the law?
- Megan Collins Oliphant (Emily Dickinson)
Winged Hope: The widow of a brilliant inventor fights insurmountable odds to see her husband’s dreams realized and save the life of her daughter.
- Author Jamie Potter (Edgar Allen Poe)
Rise of the House of Usher: A mad scientist gains power over life and death at the cost of his family’s sanity, if not their very lives.
- Diane Lee Jortner (O. Henry)Payoff for Air Pirate Pete: A pair of train-robbing outlaws bite off more than they can chew when they kidnap the son of a railroad bigwig.
- Neve Talbot (Louisa May Alcott, Charlotte Bronte)
West End: A heartbroken Theodore Laurence follows the siren song of steam to Jamaica, where love and law collide with explosive results.
- Megan Wiseman (Mary Mapes Dodge)
The Silver Scams: A fast-talking confidence man ensnares all of Holland in his scheme to eliminate dikes forever . . . for a price.
- Scott Tarbet (Jules Verne/Herman Melville)
Nautilus Redux: Captain Nemo’s crew stumble upon an island castaway who claims to be Captain Ahab of the Pequod. Only Moby Dick knows the truth.