D. Lee Jortner and I both have stories in Mechanized Masterpieces 2: American Anthology, a collection of Steampunk take-offs on classics of American literature being released February 28, 2015. My story is “Nautilus Redux” (Nemo meets Ahab). Hers is “Payoff For Air Pirate Pete”: A pair of train-robbing outlaws bite off more than they can chew when they kidnap the son of a railroad bigwig.
1. What is your favorite word?
Accepted! (I haven’t been see that quite as often as I like with my submissions lately, but when I do….Whoopie!
2. What is your least favorite word?
“Can’t” As in I can’t do that! I can’t find that! Saying that stops forward motion, and halts creativity. I try never to use it, and don’t want my kids or students to do so either.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Finding Connections. I love to find connections whether it is between people, between scripture verses, between reality and fiction, or between God and Man.
4. What turns you off?
I would say a frowning face turns me off. I love a big smile!
5. What is your favorite curse word?
6. What sound or noise do you love?
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Anything. I want to try them all, but I am starting a little late. I have worked as a secretary, a teacher, a sale representative, and of course, a MOM. I just started three new professions this year: marketer, writer, and publisher of a local a magazine. What’s next? Who Knows?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
Computer Customer service person. Dealing with technical troubles drives me crazy!
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I have a special project for you to work on with these interesting people.