Jodi and I both have stories in “The Toll of Another Bell“, a fantasy anthology from Xchyler Publishing (2015). My story is “The Year of No Foals“. Hers is “Breath”: When the Guardian of Souls realizes her life is missing something vital, she sacrifices everything to find it.
1. What is your favorite word?
Although it seems lame initially, I love the word ‘awesome’. It literally means “causing or inducing awe; inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear” (definition from Dictionary.com)
2. What is your least favorite word?
“Badly.” It doesn’t feel like it fits or makes sense when it’s used. And when it is used it’s never in a good way.
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
First and always, a truly well executed book. Second – Campy scifi TV shows. Yes, Whovians, I’m one of you.
4. What turns you off?
Meaningless violence and foul language.
5. What is your favorite curse word?
Wow, is my mother reading this? No? Good. I’m not partial to cursing but there are times when a good solid ‘Damn’ hits the spot.
6. What sound or noise do you love?
Silence, and I get precious little of it with three littles around. When I do get it, it is truly golden.
7. What sound or noise do you hate?
Whining. It’s horrible. It gets under my skin and brings out all my monsters.
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
At one point in my life I thought it would be amazing to be a rodeo clown. That desire has since passed, now a hot air balloonist would be exhilarating.
9. What profession would you not like to do?
It’s a toss-up between real estate and medicine; both include long hours and clients with unreasonable demands.
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“Welcome home, you passed your test!”